GSE (Ground Support Equipment) Mechanic - Greenville, SC
GSE (Ground Support Equipment) Mechanic – Greenville, SC
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for an experienced GSE (Ground Support Equipment) Mechanic for openings in Greenville, SC.
- Operate, maintain, repair, and determine repair and maintenance requirements of ground support equipment, vehicles, and aviation support equipment, including heavy equipment, diesel and gas powered equipment, aircraft power units, forklifts, and cranes.
- Inspect equipment to diagnose and troubleshoot problems identified by users.
- Perform equipment repair including portable powered equipment, snorkles, tractors, aircraft power units, tugs, forklifts, cranes, and other aircraft ground support equipment.
- Perform inspection of equipment following contractor or vendor repair to insure proper operating conditions before release to users. Perform periodic and annual inspections and maintenance of equipment, assists other mechanics in diagnosing and troubleshooting of equipment. Prepare required records and reports on all assigned GSE equipment, identify and order parts required, and provide assistance in training employees in areas of specialties.
- Must be knowledgeable in heavy equipment, diesel engines, forklifts, vehicles, and other be knowledgeable of electrical troubleshooting methods and technology.
- Must have 3 or more years’ direct, hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair of the identified equipment (heavy equipment, diesel engines, forklifts, vehicles, etc.) and be capable of utilizing the mechanical tools of the trade, including diagnostic tools, as required by the essential job functions.
- Ability to pass 10 Year Criminal Background Check required.
- Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol screening and background checks mandatory.