Aircraft Quality Control Inspector - NH (4+ Yrs)
Seeking an Aerospace Inspector to perform dimensional and visual inspections of aircraft details, machine parts and assemblies to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies and installations are built to type design data.
Purpose & Scope
- The Quality Inspector’s primary responsibility is to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies and installations are built to type design data, and that these tasks are performed in a timely and efficient manner
- Perform dimensional and visual inspections of aircraft details, machine parts and assemblies.
- Perform thorough review of manufacturing documentation/quality records to assure compliance to customer requirements.
- Work under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work from applicable drawings, specifications, bubble drawings, first article inspection reports, work instructions, vendor instructions or other documentation using inspection tools and gauges
- Visually inspect condition of material and or parts
- Equipment expected to be utilized can include; calipers, micrometers, protractors, height gages, pin gages, dial indicators, coordinate measuring devices, and various other precision measuring devices to perform simple to complex inspection operations.
- Provide assistance to determine inspection techniques and methods for appropriate inspection applications.
- Clearly define nonconforming conditions noting, engineering requirements, and variation from nominal.
- Prepare rejection documentation.
- Report any unusual circumstances, conditions or defective material. When required, participate in root cause identification and corrective action development.
- Participate in company internal audits and support customer audits.
- Comply with Quality System procedures and company policy and procedures.
- Maintain records as instructed or required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings and their associated documentation.
- Knowledge of CMM Inspection preferred.
- Knowledge of AS9102 is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of computer input data.
- Advanced ability to interpret data and measuring devices.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Current ASQ Certification Preferred.
- FAA repair station and ODA experience is desired.
- Airframe and Power Plant license preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization.
- High School Diploma required. Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Quality Inspector role.
- Previous experience in computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident required.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Ability to pass a SIDA Security Background Check and D.O.T. drug/alcohol testing. Background check. Drug screen and Background Check will be completed prior to work start.
Essential Functions & Qualifications
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and work procedures.
- Perform conformity inspection of components, major assemblies, sub-assemblies and parts during manufacturing to determine conformance to applicable requirements.
- Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure conformance with design data.
- Identify, document and track discrepancies.
- Prepares necessary related FAA, company and customer documents.
- Support other activities as required by company requirements and management direction.
- Ability to work any shift and weekends as required.