Sheet Metal Mechanics
IKHANA is seeking full time Structural and Sheet Metal Mechanics at its facility in Murietta, CA. I
KHANA Aircraft Services is an FAA Certified Repair Station (#JRPR350F) and is authorized to perform aircraft heavy depot level maintenance.aircraft fasteners.
Title: Aircraft Structures Mechanic
- 3 years experience in aircraft structures a must
- A & P license or military aircraft experience a plus
- Properly execute the duties assigned
- Perform maintenance and alteration tasks in accordance with the current technical data provided in the manufacturers’ Instructions for Continued Airworthiness Service Bulletins and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA
- Layout, drill, form, and trim aircraft sheet metal parts and assemblies both new and repaired aircraft
- Ensure thorough familiarity with all tools and equipment including inspection aids used within the area of responsibility
- Properly record the work performed on the appropriate maintenance record
- Must have own tools: drill motor, 90 degrees drill motor, rivet gun and sets, dye grinders, cleco pliers, countersink cages and standard hand tools
- May be tasked to drive company vehicle
- Minimum 3 years experience in aviation manufacturing or modification a must
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools and shop equipment for modification, fabrication and repair
- Knowledge of aircraft hardware and materials and processes
- Ability to identify, install and remove common aircraft fasteners. The basic tool requirement includes common hand tools and a structural mechanics tool list
- Basic print reading skills and layout skills
- Must have basic tools for structures – 90 degrees drill motor, rivet guns and sets, dye grinder, scales, cleco pliers, countersink cages, punches, etc.
- Strong work ethic and absolute integrity
- Ability and willingness to provide MVR record for use of company vehicle
Title: Sheet Metal Mechanic
- Using blueprints and other design documentation, ability to form aluminum sheet by hand using manual press brake and/or form blocks into high quality parts.
- Layout, drill, form and assemble aircraft sheet metal parts and sub-assemblies, on both new and in service aircraft.
- Ensure thorough familiarity with all tools, equipment and documentation including inspection aids used within the area of responsibility.
- Properly record the work performed with the appropriate documentation.
- Properly execute the duties assigned.
- Minimum 3 years experience in aviation sheet metal fabrication a must.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and manual tooling and shop equipment for fabrication and assembly.
- Knowledge of aircraft hardware and materials and processes.
- Blueprint reading skills and layout skills a musst.
- Strong work ethic and absolute integrity.
- Must have own tools; drill motors, 45 and 90 degree drill motor, rivet gun and sets, dye grinders, cleco pliers, countersink cages and standard hand tools
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing as well as other details at close range, with corrective lenses, if needed.
- Ability to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, lay down, climb, twist, reach, push, and, carry objects.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Ability to quickly move both hands, hands together with arms or, both hands to grasp. Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers or one or both hands.
- Ability to manipulate and/or assemble small to large size objects.
- Ability to keep hand(s) and arm(s) steady while moving arm, or while holding arm(s) and hand(s) in position.
- Ability to alternate between working indoors to outdoors with variable climate and lighting conditions and changes.
- Ability to fit and work in small and confined spaces for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to work and maintain balance while standing on platforms and/or ladders with one or both arms stretched overhead.
- Ability to remain focused on one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes, delays.
- Ability to work in the vicinity of site and project specific chemicals and materials subjecting the employee to possible injury from contact and/or exposure. Proper personal protective equipment and attire must be worn for protection.
The Structures Mechanic performs functions, or is immediately available to perform functions that are considered safety sensitive for the purpose of maintenance or preventive maintenance as defined by 14 CFR 121. Therefore, employment and continued employment with the company is conditioned upon full compliance with the company’s Antidrug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program as required by 14 CFR Part 120, 135, 145 and 49 CFR Part 40.
IKHANA Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
To be considered for this position(s) please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agency calls.